ROBYN GARDNER - 35 yo (Maryland)/ Accused; Gary Giordano - Aruba

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ROBYN GARDNER - 35 yo (Maryland)/ Accused; Gary Giordano - Aruba

Post by Verogal on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

Suspect In Aruban Missing Person Case Defiantly Claims Innocence In Bizarre Interview

Gary Giordano, the main suspect in the disappearance of Robyn Gardner, his companion on a trip to Aruba, was released by authorities on Tuesday after serving over 100 days in an Aruban jail. Thursday morning, he took part in his first televised interview since the arrest, on Good Morning America, in an alternatively odd and brusque interview with Robin Roberts.

Right from the start, Giordano was skittish, telling Roberts after she asked, “What happened that day?” that he had already gone over that with “the best Dutch interrogators” 50 or 60 times, and wouldn’t do that again. He told Roberts, however, that he — or his attorney, Jose Baez — would answer any specific questions that she had.

“There were many accounts you’d been drinking heavily.” Roberts said.

“I’ve never heard that,” an apparently surprised Giordano replied.

Baez then jumped in and explained that Giordano had been in jail and wasn’t exposed to the “media onslaught” of the past few months, while pointing out that, in light of the stories, “judges are not in the business of releasing people, especially with mountains of circumstantial evidence against them.”

Roberts, undeterred, asked what the condition of the sea that day was, as Gardner had been last seen snorkeling. Giordano then took that opportunity to respond to the drinking accusations, saying there were videos of the two of them at a bar, but they didn’t order drinks.

“I’ll just interview myself if you don’t mind,” he told Roberts, mid-way through his answer.

Giordano contended that the rumors of them being in a remote snorkeling location were false, as they were 100 yards from a scuba diving store. He said that Gardner’s mother told him to go home on his original return flight, as did his then-attorney. The reason he hopped on a different plane than he was originally supposed to take was because the ticket agent said a tropical storm was coming and there was another plane about to leave.

When Roberts showed him surveillance video of his apparently lackadaisical search efforts, he said that the doors were all closed and the place was empty. Roberts remarked that he looked dry, intimating that Giordano had taken some time before searching for Gardner.

“You can see I’m dry there?!” A somewhat annoyed Giordano asked. “How can you tell I’m dry there? I’m wet!”

When she pressed Giordano on his lack of effort in knocking on doors, he explained he had just gotten out of the water and was tired:

“It’s like running a marathon, and you come around the last corner and you’re expecting a whole crew of people yelling for you, and there’s nobody there. You’re not going to go high-five the air.”

Giordano also addressed why he took an insurance policy out for Gardner, as well as saying he had absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance. Roberts asked if he felt responsible, and he said yes, that, “a person I cared about, a companion, has disappeared on my watch.” Giordano then quickly added that Aruba’s two main sources of income are cocaine and human trafficking.

Watch the entire bizarre interview below, courtesy of GMA:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/suspect-in-aruban-missing-person-case-defiantly-denies-involvement-in-bizarre-interview/

Verogal
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Post by Verogal on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Richard Forester, Robyn Gardner's Boyfriend, Believes Tourist's Disappearance May Be Linked To Human Trafficking

video:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/02/robyn-gardner-human-trafficking_n_1126526.html?1322868733

Verogal

Back to top Go down

Post by angelm07 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:08 am

Gary Giordano, Suspect In Robyn Gardner's Disappearance, Sues American Express For Insurance money

Gary Giordano at the time of his arrest in May for indecent exposure in Annapolis, Md.

The llone suspect in an Maryland woman's disappearance in Aruba is trying to get $3.5 million for the insurance policy he took out on her shortly before their trip.

Aruban police jailed Gary Giordano for months last year after he reported that Robyn Gardner, his travel companion, was missing, but they never charged him with a crime.

Giordano told police he believed she drowned while snorkeling last August, but cops don't think she accidentally vanished . Despite numerous searches, her body hasn't been found.

After his release in November, Giordano returned to Maryland.

Now, Giordano, 51, is suing American Express for $3.5 million, according to NBC Washington.

Although Gardner, 35, is presumed dead, AmEx won't pay Giordano's claim until a year after her death, NBC reported.

The hefty insurance policy may have been one of the factors that made Giordano a suspect last summer. Two days after Giordano notified authorities that Gardner was allegedly swept out to sea, he filed a claim to collect the accidental death insurance.

Last month, Giordano got into trouble again. Police in Annapolis charged him and a 46-year-old woman with indecent exposure after an officer allegedly saw the undressed couple having sex in a parked car.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/gary-giordano-robyn-gardner-insurance-american-express_n_1605788.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl11|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D170954

angelm07

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:44 am

Danielle Colson-Unglesbee of Carroll County, Md., sister of Robyn Gardner, still believes she's alive one year after vanishing in Aruba

8:01 PM, Jul 31, 2012

CARROLL COUNTY, Md. (WUSA) - Thursday will mark the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner of Frederick, Md.

She was last seen vacationing in Aruba with Gary Giordano, a Gaithersburg man who was held for months in an Aruban jail, but was released in November 2011 for lack of evidence.

On Tuesday afternoon, Gardner's sister spoke with Andrea McCarren for the first time. Gardner's family is convinced Robyn is still alive. And it wants the FBI and Aruban authorities to continue their investigation.

"My brother and I believe she's still alive and we want to keep hope out there and we're waiting for her when she comes home." said her sister, about Robyn, missing in Aruba since August 2 of last year.

When we asked, "Had you heard the name Gary Giordano before?," she replied, "Never."

Danielle Colson-Unglesbee wouldn't comment any further on the man who reported Robyn missing. Nor would she address his efforts to claim a $3.5 million life insurance policy purchased before last summer's trip.

"Sometimes you go to public places and you see a beautiful young woman with long blond hair and it conjures up all the memories. Of Robyn," she said.

Robyn's sister is haunted by the disappearance, and hopes to travel to Aruba some day and try to make sense of the unthinkable.

"I would really love to go there. I would like to see the terrain there, get a sense of everything. I would like to see the restaurant that she was last seen at. I would like to see the hotel she stayed at," she said.

For now, the family wants everyone to remember the fun-loving, spontaneous woman behind the smiling photographs.

"She's a wonderful woman and I wish everyone could know her and I'm waiting for her and I love her," said Robyn's sister.

Wednesday evening, Robyn Gardner's family and friends will gather in Frederick to remember her, as they continue to hold out hope for her safe return.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/214989/189/Family-Marks-Anniversary-Of-Robyn-Gardners-Disappearance

mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top